Senior Sales Executive, Enterprise (Federal Agencies)
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share knowledge, and build their careers. Stack Overflow Enterprise (SOE) was developed to empower an organization’s internal teams to find and share information without disrupting their workflow. It is a secure home for an organization's questions and answers. The Stack Overflow Enterprise team helps large software teams build better, faster, and easier by equipping them with Stack Overflow’s unique and industry-leading solution for developer enablement, Stack Overflow Enterprise.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Sales Executive to join our fast growing Enterprise sales team, focused on selling into the US Federal Government and other public agencies.
What you’ll do:
- Develop relationships with key strategic accounts
- Connect with stakeholders at the appropriate buying level within these accounts
- Build strategies to trigger, drive and engage opportunities
- Serve as a key representative of the “customer voice” in the product development process internally and work with other members of the Enterprise team to drive advancement of the Enterprise product and overall business
- Work closely and in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments and continued account growth
- Serve as a leader on the Enterprise sales team and provide guidance, training, and support to more junior members of the team
What you’ll need to have:
- Requires at least 10 years of experience in sales, with at least 4 years experience in enterprise and/or SaaS arena
- Successful track record of selling to federal and government agencies, navigating complex sales situations and closing multi-million dollar transactions
- Ideally, will have experience as the first, or early, government-focused sales hire at a high growth software company
- Solid understanding and foundation in the software industry and how large software teams/companies work
- Evidence of exceptional commitment to a process-driven sales approach, and accurately tracking and forecasting of all customer engagement and activity through the use of Salesforce
- Proven ability to influence customers at the most senior level down to department level at companies and agencies that have at least 1,000 software engineers/developers
- Excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with the highest level of integrity
- Knowledge and proficiency in using Google Suite and Salesforce
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Meet Some of Stack Overflow's Employees
Jon works on marketing infrastructure campaign production and a number of initiatives related to diversity inclusion—on top of the standard duties that accompany being a developer.
Back to top