Sales Representative / Account Executive - Talent Sales, SMB
The Stack Overflow Talent Sales Team is an inside sales team full of intelligent, savvy individuals. Each team member is responsible for developing and closing new business. Sales activities are conducted using a strategic and structured sales process that consists of a balance of both inbound and outbound activities. Since each individual brings unique skills, experiences, and capabilities to the position, documenting your successes and sharing best practices and insights amongst your teammates is an important part of the role. Daily tasks will include performing Salesforce updates, sending information and creating appointments with prospective clients and cold calling.
We're looking for a Smart & Gets Things Done sales-minded individual who can customize their sales approach when dealing with clients ranging from startups to Fortune 100-like companies. You will collaborate as appropriate, exude solid teamwork, and support the sales team’s core foundations of learning and giving.
You'll will embody the idea of being “consciously competent/successful” and help others to identify their own version or approach to “consciously competent/successful.” You're a relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive sales professional. Most importantly, you'll be an ambassador of Stack Overflow Talent, and passionate about Stack Overflow’s mission and opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Develop monthly sales plans and deliver on those plans
- Develop new business on Stack Overflow Talent and sustain a stable sales pipeline
- Prospect new business via phone, email, social media, and networking
- Tailor proposals for each prospect based on their specific needs
- Be a humble and level-headed advocate, always acting in the best interest of each client
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation/record keeping of accounts, contacts and activities in Salesforce
- Facilitate the handoff to an Account Manager (AM)
- Maintain open channels of communication with AMs to assure a smooth transition from Sale to adoption
- Leverage training opportunities and strive to improve your skills in all areas of sales
- Provide feedback of improvement ideas to sales management, marketing, and product development
- Participate in the development and periodic adjustment of “Sales Team’s Best Practices” (consciously successful)
- Pursue constant improvement of both team knowledge and sales efficiencies
- Develop understanding of sales methods, philosophies, and the Solution Selling sales approach
What you'll need to have:
- College degree (BA/BS) preferred
- 0-3 years sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building, organization, and business development skills
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation in a web-based CRM (Salesforce)
- Customer service centric attitude
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top