Stack Exchange is making the Internet a better place to get expert answers to your questions by helping communities build Q&A sites. It started with Stack Overflow for programming-related questions and answers, and now we've expanded to more than 100 expert sites focused on topics like cooking, photography, and the English language. We’re consistently one of the Internet’s top 50 most trafficked sites, and we’re just getting started.
Stack Overflow Talent matches great programmers on Stack Overflow with great jobs. Programmers create profiles highlighting their work on Stack Overflow, which gives employers an in-depth look at their expertise. Employers search for programmers by location, objective, and skills, and screen them based on peer-reviewed work.
We're looking for a Smart & Gets Things Done sales-minded individual who can customise sales approach when dealing with clients ranging from venture startups to the Fortune 500. This individual always puts the best interests of the clients first. He/she wants to work with a collaborative team where experiences, effort and ideas matter. The kind of place where a suit & tie doesn't translate directly to success, and it's perfectly acceptable to wear flip flops & shorts to work. Most importantly, this person wants to believe in the product and take a personal interest in the growth of Talent.
As a representative of Careers, you’ll be responsible for the full sales life-cycle and will grow business through the sale of digital job advertisements and subscription access to our candidate search database.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new business on Talent and sustain a stable sales pipeline
- Prospect for new business via phone, email, social media and networking
- Tailor proposals for each prospect based on their specific needs
- Manage existing accounts and develop them to their full potential
- Act as a humble and level-headed advocate always acting in the best interest of each customer
What you'll need to have:
- Experience with digital advertising, web based service sales or technical sales
- Strong cold calling, networking, and business development skills
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation in a web based CRM (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
- Stock Option Plan
- Great start-up office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to £100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks and snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with huge monitor, ergonomic chair and height-adjustable desks
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Meet Some of Stack Overflow's Employees
It’s Jean’s job to sell, set up, and optimize client ad campaigns for each Stack Overflow network. She manages clients, monitors performance, and gathers UX feedback to tailor campaign needs to user preferences.
Back to top