Stack Overflow is the preeminent site for programmers to find, ask, and answer questions about software development. Founded in 2008 by Joel Spolsky and Jeff Atwood, the company was built on the premise that serving the developer community at large would lead to a better, smarter Internet. With more than 26 million visitors a month, Stack Overflow is the largest Q&A community for software developers online. Our hiring platform gives employers an opportunity to discover, attract, and engage developers from around the world, as well as give developers a fresher way to find a job.
The broader Stack Exchange network has expanded to cover topics as diverse as Mathematics, Home Improvement, Statistics, and English Language and Usage.
Stack Overflow Talent matches great programmers on Stack Overflow with great jobs. Programmers create profiles highlighting their work on Stack Overflow, which gives employers an in-depth look at their expertise. Employers search for programmers by location, objective, and skills, and screen them based on peer-reviewed work.
As a representative of Stack Overflow Talent, you’ll be responsible for the full sales cycle and will grow business through the sale of digital job advertisements and subscription access to our resume database. You’re a Smart & Gets Things Done sales-minded individual who can customize your sales approach when dealing with clients ranging from startups to the Fortune 100. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, your effort, and ideas will matter. You’re relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product you’re selling and take a personal interest in the growth of Talent.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new business on Stack Overflow Talent and sustain a stable sales pipeline
- Prospect new business via phone, email, social media, and networking
- Tailor proposals for each prospect based on their specific needs
- Manage accounts and develop them to their full potential
- Be a humble and level-headed advocate, always acting in the best interest of each client
What you’ll need to have:
- College degree (BA/BS) with GPA of 3.0+
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant sales experience
- Experience with digital advertising, SaaS sales/marketing, and/or account management preferred
- Strong cold calling, networking, and business development skills
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation in a web based CRM (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary + uncapped commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Meet Some of Stack Overflow's Employees
It’s Jean’s job to sell, set up, and optimize client ad campaigns for each Stack Overflow network. She manages clients, monitors performance, and gathers UX feedback to tailor campaign needs to user preferences.
Back to top