Regional Marketing Manager, North America
You’re an entrepreneur at heart. A business owner. Driven to start, run, and grow a business. From start to end. A strategic thinker. Creative. Analytical. You’ve got a big picture mindset. A visionary. You know where you want your business to be in the future. What it stands for. Why it exists. You can zoom out and evaluate the lay of the land, internally and externally, identify what needs to be done, the risks involved, the gains that await, plow forward and prioritize initiatives that move the needle as they align with high-level objectives. You can also zoom in and figure out the details. Who needs to do what? How will it be done? What processes are we missing? What are the deliverables? How do we implement? You don’t have all the answers, but you have all the right questions.
You’re also a marketer. At your very core, you understand that marketing is all about connecting people with ideas, services, and products that have the potential to enhance their lives. And that THAT connection is achieved through messaging and content. Product-agnostic content (TOFU), product-specific content (MOFU), and even product-usage-specific content (BOFU). You know that you can’t have content/messaging or even campaigns without understanding your target audience. Clear buyer personas and customer journeys are critical to your success. Because you know that you can’t sell anything until you know who you’re selling it to and what they need that makes them successful.
You’re a full-stack marketer. You might not excel at digital marketing, product marketing, or customer marketing but you get it all. You understand it. You know how to leverage all elements to support your strategic plans. You live and breathe funnel marketing. You have TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU-focused goals and programs that are all aligned with your business objectives. It’s not just about launching marketing campaigns for you. You create and launch with a purpose. You strategically support the sales team. To make a difference. That difference is defined, quantified, and measured. You understand the needs of the business and seek to align the specific measurable objectives of the campaigns you create with the goals of the business. You analyze what’s working and optimize it. Iterate on it. Tweak it. Morph it into something bigger, badder, more impactful. You take what’s not working, understand it, flag it, drop it, and iterate again.
You lean on functional team members to support your initiatives. You’re a collaborator. A data-absorber. You thrive on making an impact. Tracking performance and optimizing is key for you. Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. Accountability doesn’t scare you. It ignites you. Complacency is your enemy. You’re always hungry. Hungry for insights -- market insights, data insights, campaign insights, website insights. Because you know these insights will guide your thinking, your next move.
What you’ll do:
Be the #1 advocate, partner and supporter of our 75+ North American sales team (located in NYC and Denver). You are the glue that binds the marketing ands sales teams together, our SMarketer who works with sales leadership to define goals and set SLAs that drive the business forward. One of your primary responsibilities will be to better understand their goals, needs/efforts and identify gaps where you can support them accordingly.
Own and drive the full-funnel marketing strategy and corresponding initiatives for the North American market to meet market-specific business objectives. You’ll leverage global/functional/core initiatives stemming from product marketing, branding/PR, content marketing, digital marketing, and customer marketing to supplement and enhance your localized strategies. You’ll be constantly assessing the market, the competitive landscape, and your target audience, figuring out what they need, how to reach them, and how to create marketing messaging and campaigns that resonate with their needs and ultimately translate into business outcomes.
You’ll work with the regional champion (if not you) to help chart the business plan for your market. Every plan, every campaign, every project that you create has a clear vision of what success would look like. You’ll work with digital and design team members to assist you in gaining insights, creating digital assets, and providing frameworks and data for reports. You’ll create, manage, and update a regional marketing plan that includes everything TOFU/MOFU/BOFU related. Digital campaigns, events, press releases, sponsorships, automated workflows, webinars, website enhancements, product messaging enhancements, videos, podcasts -- the channels, types, and formats are up to you. Who will be creating what (vendors, internal resources, etc.) is up to you.
Your main focus will be to:
- Ensure the success of your market -- essentially hit business objectives as you maintain the health and growth of your region
- Understand your market better than anyone else -- personas, prospects, customers, competitors etc. and use that knowledge to guide your thinking/activities
- Create a marketing strategy and plan for your region/market that aligns with overall company and business goals and manage/implement the corresponding tactical plans that help meet those objectives
- Monitor and measure business and market KPIs and create and/or leverage reports/dashboards that clearly communicate performance and identify trends/opportunities for growth
- Work with digital and design teams to support the tactical implementations of your marketing plans
- Work with and leverage content marketing, product marketing, customer marketing, developer marketing and - PR/Comms teams to support your market, your customers, and your region’s growth
- Extract market-specific insights from global initiatives to help guide your initiatives
- Provide necessary insights to the sales managers and make recommendations on the creation of possible sales enablement trainings, tools, and assets
What you’ll need to have:
- At least 5-7 years of B2B marketing experience
- Experience supporting 30+ size sales teams
- A track record of accomplishments
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional and inter-departmental projects
- An understanding of the marketing funnel and sales cycle
- Ability to create reports, analyze data, communicate KPIs
- Inbound certification and Hubspot experience a plus
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top