Product Marketing Manager
You’re a seasoned product marketer with a passion for happy customers. You understand that at the very core of every successful product is happy customers. You know how to write amazing product collateral and how to capture product metrics that measure customer happiness.
You’re analytical and creative. Data-driven and articulate. Collaborative and independent. You work well with cross-functional teams. You work well with and without structure, can spot inefficiencies and gaps in processes and frameworks, see them as opportunities in disguise and work with the right people on the right teams to fill these gaps and get us closer to our goals.
What you’ll do:
While everyone at Stack Overflow contributes to customer happiness, you’ll lead our efforts. Your mission is to understand who our customers are, what they need, what they don’t realize they need, how to communicate with them, and collaborate cross-functionally to increase retention, engagement, and customer happiness.
- Use data and leverage insights to build core marketing programs that drive customer happiness and success, measured through engagement and retention metrics.
- Partner with Sales and Product to develop and maintain product collateral, including pitch decks, product guides, and demos.
- Work directly with customers to create compelling case studies, capture testimonials, and gather product feedback.
- Work with other teams to access the right metrics, understand historical trends and create weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports to monitor performance of any and all initiatives and gauge the health of our customers.
- Provide necessary insights to the Product team on how to improve the product to provide more value.
What you’ll need to have:
- At least 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Experience working with sales, product, and and customer success teams
- Experience creating a wide range of product collateral
- Experience in data mining, customer segmentation, and persona development
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects
- Great comfort speaking with customer
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top