People Operations Coordinator
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
The People Operations Coordinator at Stack Overflow will be integral to the daily operations of the People Team, ensuring every employee at the company is properly supported. The People Ops Coordinator needs to be extremely detail oriented, discrete, and above all, an effective problem solver. Aside from the other members of the People Team, they will work closely with the Finance, Executive, and Workplace Operations departments.
What you’ll do:
The People Operations Coordinator is an essential member of the team who should be comfortable wearing many different hats, sometimes at the same time - this requires dedication and balance! They need to be a representative of HR and an ambassador of our company culture in every aspect of their duties.
- Serve as a candidate liaison from application to onboarding, including (but in no way limited to):
- Scheduling interviews and shepherding candidates through the process while in-office
- Preparing employment contracts, including international offers
- Sending new hire paperwork and reviewing upon completion
- Setting up orientation sessions for new hires
- Respond to employee requests in a timely and appropriate manner, including (but again in no way limited to):
- Adjusting time off records in our HRIS (BambooHR)
- Following up on insurance/benefits questions and escalating when necessary
- Pulling reports from our various HR tools and systems when requested
- Support different People Team initiatives as they develop, such as:
- Editing company policies in the employee manual
- Facilitating engagement surveys (companywide or departmentally)
- Organizing recruiting or networking events
- … anything else that may come up!
What you’ll need to have:
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization
- Ability to keep information confidential, but escalate when needed
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders & projects simultaneously
It’d be nice if you had:
- Experience with and/or knowledge of BambooHR, Greenhouse, Culture Amp, Slack, Trello, Expensify, E-verify, or Google Suite
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment
- Degree in Human Resources
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Stock Option Plan
- Great startup office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to £100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks, and snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with huge monitor, ergonomic chair, and height-adjustable desk
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top