Manager, Agency Partnerships - EMEA
International Location: London, UK
The Manager, Agency Partnerships position is a high-level individual contributor role on the Talent Sales Team. The MAP is a senior, leadership selling role focusing on a defined list of the most important and lucrative recruitment advertising agencies and media partners. In this position, the MAP is responsible for the entire lifecycle of their customers from prospecting to continued development and support of existing accounts. The sales activities at this level are expected to be strategic in nature and focused on larger more lucrative partnerships. Due to the complexity of the partnerships, the MAP will be required to negotiate solid, mutually beneficial contract terms in an ethical and forthright manner. The emphasis and focus of this role is to form relationships with media buyers, planners and strategist at agencies. Additionally, once an “Agency” has become a partner, the MAP will nurture and develop the account to maximize not only revenue, but the importance of Stack Overflow as the property of choice within the tech recruiting arena.
The MAP will take a visible role in the marketplace attending conferences, seminars, networking events and trade shows as a Stack Overflow representative. The MAP team will also evangelize new market sectors and help to establish Stack Overflow as the de facto standard for all developer hiring outside of the tech vertical.
This role is based in London.
What you’ll do:
- Build a customer base within named agencies and drive revenue
- Evangelize the Internet's radical transformation of the recruitment market
- Gathering data and actively listening to prospective and existing clients by using consultative sales methods to fully understand their business and uncover problems/impact areas
- Becoming a SME-subject matter expert by acquiring ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Conducting tailored presentations in person and over the phone to showcase our unique business partnership model and wide product offerings that will help prospective clients execute aggressive human capital strategies that produce sustainable, measurable results
- Driving revenue by effectively addressing the client's business need, offering appropriate value proposition solutions, creating urgency, and closing accounts in person and over the phone
- Building and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly sales quota
- Weekly sales meetings with the Director of Strategic Accounts to build strategy and update progress
- Host lunch and learn and office hours at partner agencies
- Network diligently, creating business relationships, through multiple efforts including cold calling, in person sales calls, Meet Ups, networking groups, and other relevant methods
- Achieve or exceed the sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and developing new accounts
What you’ll need to have:
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record
- 5+ years of applicable business to business sales experience
- Travel 50% to various recruitment agencies and industry events
- Ability to work a demanding, primarily self-directed work schedule
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve (if not exceed) one’s goals
- Experience with digital advertising sales or web based services sales
- Superior cold calling, networking, and business development and sales skills
- Strong analytical & computer skills with Google Apps/Microsoft Office suite on Windows
- Entrepreneurial spirit and with a vision for what’s ahead at Stack Overflow Talent
- Must be able to work independently, drive results and performance
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Stock Option Plan
- Great start-up office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to £100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks and snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with huge monitor, ergonomic chair and height-adjustable desks
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top