Growth Marketing Manager
With nearly 40 million monthly visitors and 10.2 million programming questions, Stack Overflow is the largest online community of developers in the world, and the best place for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and advance their careers.
We are looking to hire a marketer with a proven track record of growing user signups and engagement. You’re a creative and data-driven thinker who loves diving in, analyzing, and iterating. You geek out about optimizing campaigns through multivariate testing. You intimately understand how to build and maintain funnels. Using intelligent segmentation, you care about targeting users only at the right time and only with the right message. You are passionate about building scalable strategies that move the business forward.
More important to you than driving any particular KPI, however, is supporting a quality user experience. You have a long term approach to sustainable growth, and you won’t sacrifice this vision for the sake of pushing a particular metric.
You’re proactive about communicating your updates to stakeholders through everything from frequent conversations to reports and presentations, and you’ve proven that you can work cross-functionally.
What You’ll Do
This position reports to the Developer Marketing department, and will be the department’s representative for user engagement activities and ideas.
- You’ll be responsible for building, monitoring, and improving our email campaigns to users with the support of our engineering and product teams.
- You’ll craft content and campaigns across our website, email, social, advertising, co-marketing partnerships, and other channels that engage and grow our developer community.
- You’ll continuously analyze and test hypotheses to drive meaningful results.
- You’ll identify issues with our funnel and work with our product marketing, product, and engineering teams to find and implement solutions.
- You’ll report on your success to key stakeholders and keep track of improvements over time.
What You’ll Need to Have
- 3+ years experience in marketing, and some experience marketing to developers specifically
- Strong understanding of funnels and optimization techniques
- Track record of crafting and iterating effective email campaigns and using automation tools
- Content marketing chops with solid copywriting ability and editing skills
- Creative and analytical mindset
- Data-driven decision-making skills
- Experience optimizing user funnels
- Good cross-team collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Stock Option Plan and matching 401k
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Incredible team and great co-workers
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this: Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top