As our Data Scientist, the experiments and analysis you deliver will impact the tens of millions of users Stack Overflow sees each day. You’ll work with interesting data sets around our community Q&A, team collaboration and hiring products, our ads offerings, and our internal sales and finance processes. Partnering with our engineering team, you’ll have ready access to our data, tooling, and infrastructure.
In a typical week, you will liaise with multiple product teams, field requests from all levels of the company (from individual contributors to the CEO), and participate in the development of our internal data systems. There is considerable variety in work throughout the year, ranging from model building, to survey design and analysis, through to A/B testing.
As you deliver results, you’ll also be empowered to share your knowledge with the organization as a whole, highlighting the implications of your findings and the manner of their discovery. We also encourage team members to present their findings publicly and present them opportunities to do so. You can expect to have plenty of opportunities to directly impact product decisions, business plans, and new features.
What we’re looking for when you apply:
- Your resume shows that you have at least 3 years of experience with quantitative analysis and statistical modeling
- You are willing to work primarily with R and some know basic SQL (any other programming language would also be a bonus)
- You have a high level of comfort discussing (in writing and in conversation) specialized information with people who may not share your expertise
- You are comfortable working in RStudio and the Tidyverse
- You have experience partnering with engineering and product managers as you see the impact of your research through into product and development decisions
- You’re interested in working here. We read every application, so please make sure to let us know what specifically about this role and working here interests you
What you’ll get in return:
- Ability to work remotely, with flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top