Billings & Account Receivable Specialist
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is searching for a detail-oriented, analytical Billings & Accounts Receivable Specialist to assist the department in billing and collections. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with clients and internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are posted timely.
What you’ll do:
- Review billing to ensure proper support/contracts and accuracy of orders
- Prepare and issue client invoices including ad-hoc and monthly recurring invoices
- Routinely confirm / resolve any rejected invoices
- Perform monthly operational system to GL system (Intacct) billing reconciliations
- Accurately identify and correct billing discrepancies
- Resource for all external customer and internal Sales team inquiries
- Prepare A/R related month-end workpapers including performing balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain a clean aging by performing ongoing collections efforts, including email and phone call follow up
- Assist with matching client payments to open invoices and reconciling discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Confidentiality, understands the sensitivity of working in an Accounting department
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Willing to learn new things, be open to challenges
- Intacct experience a plus
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top