Account Executive, Teams
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Stack Overflow for Teams helps software teams build better, faster, and easier by equipping them with Stack Overflow’s unique and industry-leading solution for developer enablement. The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue, along with developing and nurturing relationships with key mid-market accounts and partners. This role will report into the Managing Director, Teams.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Begin to map-out or blueprint account stakeholders and buying processes through the development of relationships at prospect accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Serve as a key representative of the “customer voice” in the product development process internally and work with other members of the team to drive advancement of the product and overall business
- Collaborate with the Managing Director, Teams and sales operations team to develop and evolve the sales process and associated infrastructure
- Partner closely and in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments and continued account growth
- Begin to uncover the specific pains of the various stakeholders and work to build strategies to trigger, drive and engage opportunities
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Teams product and business
What you’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of direct sales experience selling software or cloud based applications to mid-market, enterprise is a plus
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Experience determining customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Collaborate efficiently with the team and cross-functional departments
- Able to craft engaging messages and stories that connect clients to the Stack Overflow for Teams solution
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share and level up
- Strong room presence at the Director level or above
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Back to top