VP of Finance
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
What you’ll do:
StackCommerce is seeking a Head of Finance who is capable of driving major, cross-functional projects at a high-growth company. This role will be part of the leadership team and report directly into the CEO. The Head of Finance will oversee all accounting and finance functions, data analytics / business intelligence, investor relations, HR and facilities, and assist with legal matters. You will also help develop strategies and long-term plans and create procedures to help fuel scalable growth.
Manage Finance & Accounting:
- Oversee the budget process and financial planning and analysis
- Manage internal and external accountants and ensure an accurate and timely close as well as all tax matters
- Create all monthly and quarterly investor / advisor board materials
- Oversee and facilitate quarterly commission and goal setting
- Identify and execute cost saving initiatives throughout the company
- Manage the cap table & 409A process
HR & Legal:
- Manage HR and Culture team to ensure a friendly, efficient, and compliant office environment
- Manage the relationship with company’s PEO (Trinet) and oversee benefit selection and 401K administration
- Assist in key partner negotiations and contract reviews
- Liaise between legal counsel and company
Analytics & Strategy:
- Run the analytics team and oversee all internal and external facing business intelligence reporting
- Leverage data to build scalable solutions to complex problems
- Oversee execution of the team’s goals, as well as broader company-wide initiatives
- Drive projects across functions to create cohesive business strategies between teams
- 8+ years of work experience in financial and analytical roles, preferably in startup to mid-sized organizations
- Minimum bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business administration - MBA preferred
- Experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and management consulting a plus
- Experience with ecommerce and two-sided marketplaces a plus
- Operational finance experience leading budgeting and financial planning and analysis processes
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and successfully manage projects to completion
- Outstanding professional record and unparalleled work ethic
- Mastery of Financial Modeling, Analytics, Excel, Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- SQL experience highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge with CRMs such as Pipedrive or Salesforce is a plus
Benefits + Perks
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top