Sr. Software Engineer
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Senior Engineer will apply their years of technical experience developing web applications towards building scalable ecommerce platform solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop software solutions in Ruby on Rails
- Maintain a standard for modular and test-driven code
- Take on large projects with a high level autonomy
- Contribute to important architectural decisions
- Learn new technologies and frameworks as needed
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience in using relational databases: MySQL, Postgres etc
- Experience building RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Relentless with best practices and willing to discuss the choices you make with your fellow engineers and teammates
- Love to code and solve complex problems in a clean, concise and extendable way
- Comfortable in early-stage, fast-paced, high-growth, resource-lean environments
- Experience developing for large-scale ecommerce (integrated shopping cart, PayPal API, Stripe etc).
- Experience with search utilities such as ElasticSearch or Solr.
- Familiarity with front-end MVCs such as Angular, Ember, React etc.
Benefits + Perks
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top