Sr. Manager, Customer Service
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
At StackCommerce, we believe in living for the customer. We pride ourselves on delivering timely, personalized, high-quality customer service at scale every single day. We’re looking for a rockstar customer service manager to lead our team of passionate customer advocates, ensuring that we provide an authentic white-label support experience to customers from across our network of premium online publishers.
You’ll work to streamline processes, reduce costs, and improve cross-team communication, while concepting out-of-the-box solutions for both our in-house and outsourced teams. We are a fast-paced startup where new challenges arise daily, and we’re eager to partner with a determined, experienced, customer-focused individual to solve these problems together!
What You’ll Do:
- Represent. Direct the team on best practices for communicating with our customers, while maintaining each publisher or O&O brand voice
- Hire + Train. Manage volume projections + staffing budget, train each support hero, and manage a 3rd party training tool
- Engage. Interact with our customers: get to know who they are and what they want from our service
- Advocate. Be the voice for the customer and make sure product requests and feedback are communicated to appropriate internal teams
- Escalations. Be a resource for the support team on all escalated matters, troubleshooting, and problem solving needs
- Develop. Manage service procedures, policies, and standards
- Retain. Help us build a strong customer service experience to increase consumer LTV
- Mentor + Lead. Taking ownership of employee retention: manage, motivate, and grow the team in the U.S. and overseas
- Motivate. Conduct annual performance reviews and quarterly team assessments; innovate and optimize our support hero incentive plan
- Innovate. Develop new processes to decrease costs, increase efficiencies, and improve customer satisfaction, while applying industry best practices
- Protect. Oversee the inspection, management, and resolution of fraudulent activity including chargebacks, disputes, and customer inquires
- Budget. Adhere to and manage the team budget
- Travel. We have a global team and believe that face time with them is very important
- Proven working experience in an e-commerce customer service environment
- Experience in providing customer service support via email, live chat, and phone
- Awareness of the latest technology trends and applications
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical - use metrics, feedback and data to drive decisions
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to think strategically and lead
- Tech savvy
- Detail oriented
- Dedicated to leading a team and reaching goals
- Willing to travel for extended periods of time
- Start-up experience
- NPS experience
- Outsourced rep management
- ZenDesk experience
- Fraud, chargeback and dispute experience
- Incentive plan experience
- Product / UX internal communication experience
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top