Manager of Publisher & Business Development
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to revolutionize commerce through the seamless integration of content and relevant products. The company’s network reach is currently over 500 million monthly visitors across more than 200 publisher partners with 3 million registered members. Our leading native commerce platform provides publishers and vendors with turnkey solutions to increase user engagement, growth, and monetization. These solutions include: full-service commerce shops, editorial, email, social in-feed product recommendations, and real-time analytics dashboards. We are headquartered in Venice, CA and backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Manager of Publisher & Business Development will be responsible for developing and closing publisher partnerships. This person must be self-motivated, analytical, possess strong communication skills, and have a great attitude. This is a high impact role that will come with large expectations. We’re looking for a high achiever.
What you’ll do:
- Close. Develop strategic relationships with web publishers, media companies, content sites, and influencers to drive revenue. Work with the Publisher team to drive the business development cycle from start to finish with focus on pitching the value of the platform and closing partners. Understand the StackCommerce platform and the benefits publishers gain by using it.
- Analyze. Identify and evaluate the opportunity with new publisher partners in the tech and lifestyle spaces. Develop financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations.
- Strategize. Utilize CRM software to track all pertinent opportunity information and process and support team in forecasting and prioritizing to achieve quarterly goals. Assist in implementing processes and structure to scale the Publisher business quickly and efficiently.
- 5+ years experience in business and partnership development, preferably in the digital media/technology space.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization.
- A strong bias for action and getting things done, both individually and within the team.
- A solid understanding of web technologies and the digital media revenue ecosystem.
- Deep knowledge in media, tech, and ecommerce industries (and their intersection)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills – Experience using tools like Salesforce a must.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team; ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners.
- Must be highly organized and pick up things quickly, even in a rapidly evolving environment and like to create processes that scale.
- Proven track record in successfully developing partnerships and exceeding quarterly goals. Proven success in the online publishing space is a huge plus.
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Back to top