Fraud & Risk Analyst
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The fraud operation role is responsible for building trust in StackCommerce’s ecosystem. You will work closely with product and engineering to advocate responsible usage of the platform and to reduce malicious activities. The ideal candidate is technically minded, highly analytical and data driven. If you’re sharp, business savvy, resourceful, and can communicate complex ideas with ease, then we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- Protect. Inspect, manage, and solve fraudulent activity including chargebacks, disputes, and customer inquires by effectively investigating, following up on and documenting each case.
- Represent. You will be the voice of StackCommerce, the first-responder to customer concerns via email. Making the user experience awesome and memorable will be your goal.
- Advocate. Gather and synthesize relevant data, communicating product improvements with engineering and product teams will be a critical part of your role to aid product development and user experience.
- Innovate. Update compliance risks, controls, action items and key risk indicators within internal systems.
- Tech-Savvy. You are familiar with Macs and common products like Gmail and Excel, and use them to your advantage.
- Analytical. Data driven; you can make fast and accurate decisions based on data sets.
- Compassionate & friendly. You have a genuine concern for others, excellent listening skills, and an intelligent yet down-to-earth voice that’s equally likable via written and spoken word.
- Optimistic & detail-oriented. You know that small things matter and naturally present ideas in a concise yet thoughtful order. Your commitment to excellence has driven you to create a trail of successful accomplishments in your life, leaving things better than you found them.
- Insulation. Ability to thrive and drive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain speed and efficiency with minimal error.
- Experience with Excel & mySQL to write and generate your own reporting
- Experience using Zendesk, Sift Science, Stripe and PayPal.
- Experience working directly with consumers and customer support.
- Experience working with fraud, chargebacks, and disputes.
- Experience working in eCommerce and/or in a startup culture.
- BA/BS; degrees in analytical fields such as Computer Science, Statistics, Operations, Business Administration
- 3+ years of relevant experience, or a proven interest in online fraud and risk prevention
- A strong passion for providing the best experience to customers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Detective-like mentality; you want to help customers but also maintain strong risk models
- Strong communication skills; you can take complex cases and present them effectively to a variety of individuals with differing skill sets and experiences
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top