Director of Retention
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Director of Retention will be responsible for increasing user lifetime value (LTV), increasing engagement with existing customers and maximizing repeat purchase rates by continuously strategizing, a/b testing, and refining creative approaches to managing email marketing, loyalty programs, and post-purchase customer experience. This role will oversee all daily email blasts, transactional email lifecycle strategy, initiatives to optimize retention, and new retention marketing channels to enable growth. This individual must have extensive experience in digital marketing for an e-commerce platform, be self-motivated, and be data-driven.
What You'll Do:
- Lead. Responsible for building and developing the retention marketing team, vision, goals, KPIs, and roadmap for maximizing customer repeat purchase rates. Provide expertise and direction on messaging tactics (email, notifications, chatbots, SMS) and automation, including segmentation and personalization, content strategy, testing roadmap and integration with other channels and platforms.
- Innovate & Optimize. Make data-driven decisions to optimize the on-going customer communication experience. Ensure efficiency and ROI on all campaigns, and develop and execute strategies for testing new online and offline channels. Focus heavily on testing and optimization of all email lifecycles to develop and execute a conversion plan for all web properties.
- Collaborate. Coordinate internally with marketing channel managers, account managers, creative, and support to continually optimize and retain customers and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience. Work with our data team to scrape the data for patterns and insights regarding our retention efforts. Identify and source 3rd party suppliers and agencies when outsourcing is necessary and cost efficient. Monitor and report the performance of key marketing metrics, as well as activities and events causing variances. Pull weekly campaign marketing reports, coordinate continuous, rapid tests of retention marketing ideas across platforms, and analyze and communicate results. Regularly analyze performance on KPIs including delivery, open rates, click-thru rates and conversion rates.
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years experience in digital marketing or retention, preferably in the digital media or ecommerce space.
- Experience scaling companies through both online and offline marketing channels
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Optimizely, and Business Intelligence tools a must.
- Understanding of editorial content and how it can be utilized as a commerce channel to drive traffic.
- Experience managing and optimizing email campaigns, and working with design and product teams.
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute while also seeing the broader vision of the company.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization.
- Deep knowledge in media + tech industries (and the intersection of the two), specifically in the following sectors: apps/software, gaming, design, gadgets/gear, lifestyle.
- Ability to lead and work within a cross-functional team; ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners.
- Must be highly organized, able to pick up things quickly, and create processes that scale even in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
- Proven success in leveraging experience to grow a brand and drive revenue.
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top