Director of Marketing
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for overseeing and executing the strategy for all B2C marketing activities for our ecommerce platform. This role will oversee and manage growth, retention, and social initiatives, while also managing the marketing calendar and playing a large role in matching users with the right products at the right time. This individual must have extensive experience in digital marketing for an e-commerce company, be data-driven, and be highly analytical.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & Manage. Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing plan that identifies and expands upon new key levers to growth. Oversee entire marketing organization and ensure an integrated approach is taken across all channels including email, social (earned, owned, and paid), and editorial. Manage and report on goals and KPI’s for the marketing team and ensure positive but responsible growth within CPA targets.
- Innovate & Optimize. Make data-driven decisions to optimize acquisition and retention across all channels. Oversee customer segmentation analyses to ensure users are being presented with the right products via the right mediums. Work with the product team to develop new tools and products to drive acquisition, increase repeat purchasers, and increase AOV. Develop new and cutting-edge marketing campaigns for both digital and physical channels to attract new users and re-engage dormant users.
- Collaborate. Collaborate with publisher and merchandising teams to ensure holistic marketing campaigns are executed successfully. Identify and manage 3rd party suppliers and agencies when outsourcing is necessary and cost efficient. Monitor and report the performance of key marketing metrics, as well as activities and events causing variances.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years experience in digital marketing, preferably in the ecommerce or ad tech space
- Strong understanding and experience in managing and executing email marketing, paid acquisition, content marketing, social media, CRO, and SEO
- Experience scaling companies through both online and offline marketing channels
- Experience in creation and oversight of B2B branding and PR strategies
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills; expert in Excel, Google Analytics, and Google Sheets and experience with Optimizely and BI tools a must
- Understanding of content (both written and video) and how it can be utilized to drive traffic and commerce conversions
- Experience managing and optimizing email campaigns, and working with design and product teams
- Experience setting social media strategy across multiple platforms to drive growth and brand awareness
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute while also seeing the broader vision of the company
- Must be highly organized, able to pick up things quickly, and create processes that scale even in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company
- Experience working with or leading merchandising teams to ensure the right products are sourced relative to the customer demographic
Benefits + Perks
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top