Director of Growth & Acquisition
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
The Director of Growth and Acquisition will be responsible for growing user base and overseeing the entire user acquisition pipeline for our owned-and-operated sites (e.g. - StackSocial.com) and our white-labeled publisher shops (shop.mashable.com). This role will execute innovative and cost-effective tactics for customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement. This entails researching and adopting best practices for growth hacking, conversion optimization, A/B testing and streamlining of processes that help identify and scale high-converting, high-value and efficient acquisition channels. This individual must have extensive experience in digital marketing for an e-commerce platform, be self-motivated, and data-driven.
What You'll Do:
- Paid Acquisition. Develop, execute, and scale comprehensive paid facebook marketing strategy with a budget of $5m annually. Leverage the Kenshoo marketing software platform to iterate creative assets and audience targeting to optimize ROAS.
- Lead. Lead the ideation, prioritization and testing process of fresh ideas within the marketing team, focusing on breaking new ground and uncovering scalable opportunities that the company is not leveraging today. Develop and execute a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that rapidly grows users and revenue. Pioneer cutting-edge advertising experimentation testing by managing a team of marketing channel managers who oversee email, social media, paid, product editorials, and giveaways.
- User Growth. Work cross functionally with merchandising, sales, design, and business development teams to create “tentpole events” to attract large influxes of user growth. Hone in on key drivers of user sign-ups, email subscriptions, and develop new campaigns to attract new growth. Evaluate current SEO implementation and develop new SEO strategy to increase traffic and revenue from search. Monitor and report the performance of key marketing metrics, as well as activities and events causing variances.
- Collaborate. Coordinate internally with marketing channel managers and account managers to continually optimize and grow partnerships. Prioritize and clearly define product needs and ROI. Oversee and grow our customer loyalty and Giveaway programs. Work to create both an integrated strategy as well as strategies specific to each marketing channel. Conduct and leverage market research, competitive analysis and user insights to think creatively about segmenting, targeting and reaching potential customers through the right channels, with the correct messages.
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years experience in online marketing or growth hacking, preferably in the digital media or ecommerce space.
- Experience scaling companies through both online and offline marketing channels.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills. Experience using Google Analytics, Optimizely, and BI tools a must.
- Understanding of editorial content and how it can be utilized as a commerce channel to drive traffic
- Experience setting social media strategy across multiple platforms to drive growth and brand awareness
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute while also seeing the broader vision of the company
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization. Deep knowledge in media + tech industries (and the intersection of the two), specifically in the following sectors: apps/software, gaming, design, gadgets/gear, lifestyle.
- A solid understanding of web technologies and the digital media revenue ecosystem.
- Ability to lead and work within a cross-functional team; ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners.
- Must be highly organized, able to pick up things quickly, and create processes that scale even in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
- Proven success in leveraging social media to grow a brand and drive revenue.
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top