Business Data Analyst
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
Are you a data junky that enjoys empowering teams with insights that can transform into executable business strategies? StackCommerce is looking for a Business Data Analyst that is comfortable diving into large quantities of structured and unstructured data, but also business savvy enough to pull relevant insights and help teams drive meaningful change. This role will work heavily with SQL, GA, and typical visualization and reporting tools to develop both regular and adhoc reports for stakeholder consumption. The Business Data Analyst will be a part of the Technology team, but support all areas of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze: You will gather data via our multiple data sources to answer pertinent business questions, gather insights, and present meaningful information and stories back to the team
- Strategize: Understand business challenges and work proactively with senior management to discover data insights that enable efficient growth
- Innovate: Determine & help build the best tools to mine data, automate reporting, and present complicated data insights as intuitive stories to internal and external stakeholders
- Advocate. Gather and synthesize relevant data, communicating product improvements with engineering and product teams will be a critical part of your role to aid product development and user experience
- Create complex SQL queries to mine data from Stack’s database
- Perform regular and exploratory analysis on data and provide insights and regular reporting to business stakeholders
- Help manage Stack’s visualization tool (Looker) by ensuring all data definitions and filters are up to date, and that each department is getting the most out of the tool
- Create and run reports out of Google Analytics and third party providers to perform both regular and adhoc analyses
- Aid the marketing team in gathering insights and creating automated reports across their multiple data sources – this includes email reporting, paid advertising, and other areas as needed
- Utilize Excel and Google Sheets to develop and maintain reports and other tools for all teams
- Create adhoc analyses and business models as needed
- Develop new processes to help scale and automate the ecommerce fraud flow
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Math, Statistic, Economics, or similar
- 2+ years experience in data mining and analysis
- Fluency in SQL with some experience building views and scripts
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of or experience working at SAAS and eCommerce companies.
- Expertise in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and other standard data analysis tools
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Highly organized, even in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners
- Experience analyzing data for large-scale eCommerce busineses
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience building reports and providing insights for marketing teams
- Experience working with Fraud tools (Sift Science, Stripe and PayPal)
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Vacation Days.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top