Account Manager, Publisher Partnerships
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
StackCommerce is looking for an experienced and passionate account manager to manage and grow exsiting, strategic publisher partnerships. This person must be self-motivated, analytical, and possess strong communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Publisher team to provide a seamless partner management experience. Manage existing relationships with web publishers, media companies, and content sites from end to end: onboarding, strategy/planning, creating promotional schedules, resolving issues, and more.
- Understand the StackCommerce platform and the benefits publishers gain by using it.
- Become a valuable resource and single point of contact for publisher partners. Serve as an advocate for publisher partners internally.
- Coordinate internally with fellow account managers to continually optimize and grow publisher partnerships.
- Effectively leverage data analysis to support recommendations and ultimately grow revenue.
- Monitor and report the performance of key publisher metrics, as well as activities and events causing variances.
- Assist in implementing processes and structure to scale the Publisher business quickly and efficiently.
- 2+ years experience in account management and/or partnership development, preferably in the digital/technology space. Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company is a plus.
- Proven track record in successfully managing/growing strategic partnerships.
- BA/BS degree from top tier school.
- Deep knowledge of the media + tech industries (and the intersection of the two), specifically in the following sectors: apps/software, gaming, design, gadgets/gear, lifestyle.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills. Experience using tools like Google Analytics a must.
- A solid understanding of web technologies and the digital media revenue ecosystem.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization. Also, strong bias for action and getting things done, both individually and with teams;
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team; ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners.
- Must be highly organized, even in a rapidly evolving environment and enjoy creating processes that scale.
- Proven track record in successfully managing accounts. Prior experience in the online publishing space.
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
Benefits + Perks
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
Meet Some of StackCommerce's Employees
Director Of Partnerships
Ranesha loves the challenge of figuring out what StackCommerce’s audience wants most. She works to find sale items that customers will love and close great tech promotional deals with vendors.
Back to top