Squarespace lies at the intersection of design and engineering. Fueled by our unique values, we continue to redefine online publishing. Our Design team is at the foundation of every project—from new product features and award-winning templates, to advertising campaigns and beyond. We foster an entrepreneurial yet supportive environment where design defines us, ideas can come from anywhere, and execution is everything.
Squarespace Web Designers enjoy the creative leadership of a Senior Digital Art Director or Associate Creative Director. If hired, you will collaborate with the world’s best developers to create industry-leading template designs that are seen and used by millions. Your work must demonstrate respect for detail, passion for the power of design, and a thorough understanding of how one affects the other.
- Research and design concepts for new templates that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Design page layouts and interactions for templates
- Work closely with Template Developers during the template build process
- Contribute an in-depth understanding of different personas and audiences
- Work collaboratively with our content studio to create beautiful visual content
- Provide guidance and inspiration that will drive a project through launch
- Oversee a project’s entire creative process
- Impeccable taste
- Strong portfolio showcasing responsive web design work and beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
- Knowledge of current trends in design and tech
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Ability to boil down big questions and figure out the right things to build
- Bonus: Experience creating themes and/or sites for platforms like Wordpress, Tumblr, Shopify, etc.
A portfolio of responsive web design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top