Squarespace lies at the intersection of design and engineering. Fueled by our unique values, we continue to redefine online publishing. Our Design team is at the foundation of every project—from new product features and award-winning templates, to advertising campaigns and beyond. We foster an entrepreneurial yet supportive environment where design defines us, ideas can come from anywhere, and execution is everything. Squarespace Web Designers enjoy the creative leadership of a Senior Digital Art Director or Associate Creative Director. If hired, you will collaborate with the world’s best developers to create industry-leading template designs that are seen and used by millions. Your work must demonstrate respect for detail, passion for the power of design, and a thorough understanding of how one affects the other. Send us your resume, portfolio, and anything else that you are proud of.
- Research and design concepts for new templates that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Design page layouts and interactions for templates
- Work closely with Template Developers during the template build process
- Contribute an in-depth understanding of different personas and audiences
- Work collaboratively with our content studio to create beautiful visual content
- Provide guidance and inspiration that will drive a project through launch
- Oversee a project’s entire creative process
- Impeccable taste
- Strong portfolio showcasing responsive web design work and beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
- Knowledge of current trends in design and tech
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Ability to boil down big questions and figure out the right things to build
- Bonus: Experience creating themes and/or sites for platforms like Wordpress, Tumblr, Shopify, etc.
A portfolio of responsive web design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top