User Experience Researcher
Squarespace is seeking a strategically minded individual to join the product team and work with product designers and product managers to evaluate the usability of our products and develop a keen understanding of user experience. In this role you will contribute tremendously to shaping the products developed at Squarespace and affect meaningful change through your findings. This is a new function at Squarespace and is an opportunity to play an integral role in shaping the function.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant and insightful, and passionate about building great user experiences.
- Design, conduct and analyze user experience research across Squarespace’s products at all stages of product development. Includes identifying test goals, developing test plans, screening and recruiting participants, scheduling studies, moderating studies, and analyzing results.
- Present research findings both in writing and orally, and making actionable recommendations that will help shape product and design decisions.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities.
- Proactively identify and propose research opportunities.
- Train product team in conducting user experience research.
- 4+ years of experience in user experience research or usability testing, working with product teams on software/web products. Ideally has experience in two or more companies.
- BA/BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Experimental Psychology, or other related field.
- Strong command of quantitative and qualitative research methods, including but not limited to usability testing and user interviews, and a keen understand of when best to apply different methods.
- Experience in training others in user experience research methods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting to groups.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top