Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users through scalable self-help tools, personalized support, and customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with about 400 people between New York, Dublin and Portland and a remote workforce. Working within Customer Operations, the Content team produces help guides for the more than two million people who use Squarespace to carve out their piece of the web. We're customer advocates, and we're on a mission to help them succeed.
As a Help Content Technical Writer, you'll create, and improve, help content with customer needs, internal feedback, and efficiency in mind. You'll work with your manager and teammates, ensuring your guides are accurate and aligned with Squarespace style and industry best practices. Our knowledge base is in an exciting growth stage as we scale up to support a multi-product platform, and there's a lot of room for ownership and developing expertise. You're perfect for this role if you're a strong technical writer and editor who takes end-to-end responsibility for complex projects, incorporates high-level strategy to support department and company goals, and promotes innovation, thoughtful risk-taking, and inclusivity.
You'll report directly to the Team Manager, Content, and can be based in our New York, Portland, or Dublin offices, or remotely in an approved state (see application question).
- Write and refine help guides about Squarespace products, explaining complex concepts and steps in clear and accessible language
- Take full ownership of content on specific areas of the platform
- Build relationships with stakeholders and SMEs in Product, Product Support, Product Marketing, and Engineering
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews, and contribute to the onboarding and development of newer writers
- Support company initiatives impacting customer success and business outcomes through help content strategy
- Help evolve the voice of Squarespace Customer Operations
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, creating content for non-technical users in internet, consumer tech, web publishing, SaaS, or a related field
- Experience building content strategy for specific features or product areas
- Comfortable checking your ego at the door; working constructively with multiple stakeholders to make content perfect
- Drive to simplify and iterate
- Experience using metrics to guide strategic content decisions
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, and bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
- Experience marketing and selling products or services online is a major plus
- Experience working with CMS product vendors or similar
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.