- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, and driving the interview and offer processes including reference checks, compensation recommendations, and closing of candidates
- Develop and execute hiring strategy for top engineering and design talent, and meet quarterly hiring targets
- Design and implement hiring processes optimized for scale and high growth
- Source active and passive candidates through various channels and mediums
- Collaborate with leadership including C-level, VPs, Directors, Managers, Team Leads to understand and define hiring needs and establish effective processes to support those goals
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process
- Manage the full recruiting cycle process (through onboarding) for each department to ensure a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience
- Be a Squarespace ambassador at events including tech conferences, career fairs, university recruiting tours, etc.
- Impressive track record of success within technical recruiting (either agency or internal)
- You're an excellent sourcer and can spot the not so obvious candidates (sourcing engineers out of top companies with degrees from great schools is easy)
- You keep up to date with the latest engineering trends, frameworks, programming languages, and libraries
- You're not afraid to dig into the data to identify inconsistencies, anomalies, and roadblocks
- You stay hip to new recruiting tools and hacks; how can we work smarter?
- You love process and are always striving to optimize and improve
- You're a great listener and communicator; you're not intimidated when speaking with senior engineers
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top