The Squarespace Marketing Data team provides technical data solutions, statistical models and core metrics to power Marketing decisions that maximize customer growth. Our solutions are also used by other partners and data practitioners throughout Squarespace.
In this role, you'll help build a team of 2-4 Analytics Engineers to develop foundational data pipelines and self-service tooling that are essential to Squarespace's Marketing and overall business efforts. This new role, reporting to the Manager of Marketing Data, offers opportunity to grow and make a difference.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Manage a team of 2-4 Analytics Engineers
- Partner with Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and decision makers on solution decisions and delivery
- Translate use cases, pain points and success criteria into technical requirements
- Design, build, maintain and upgrade data pipelines and self-service tooling to provide clean, efficient results
- Promote data governance through documentation, observability and controls
- Help set and manage the Marketing Data team's roadmap
- Promote adoption of tools and best practices across the team
- 5+ years industry experience in a technical data or analytics role
- 1+ years of management experience, including hiring, onboarding, evaluating or coaching others
- Deep experience designing data models, authoring and orchestrating complex ETL jobs and building visualizations to provide self-service datasets, metrics and insights
- Mastery of SQL and BI reporting tools (Looker/LookML, Tableau, Chartio)
- Expertise with Python and common tools for data storage and access (BigQuery, Postgres, Presto, Redshift), pipeline management and orchestration (Airflow, dbt) and version control (git)
- Knowledge of different types of data
- Strong project management and communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Outcomes-oriented and passionate about enabling data-driven decisions
- Monitor and evaluate the latest data technologies
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.