Team Lead, Marketing Analytics
- New York, NY
Squarespace is seeking a team lead to join the marketing analytics team and help drive subscriber and revenue growth with data analytics that inform strategic decision making. The scale and scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions.
A successful candidate would have the ambition to tackle challenges across all marketing workstreams, supported by deep expertise in media specifically, including knowledge and experience across Brand and DR goals and online and offline channels. You'll lead a team to tackle all analytical problems related to Squarespace's acquisition efforts, from market expansion strategy to brand& channel measurement to content strategy to CRM. You'll work closely with teams across marketing (i.e. Media, CRM, Go-to-Market) and the company (i.e. Data Science, Product, FP&A) to uncover growth opportunities, drive cross-channel decision-making and ROI optimization and help shape Marketing strategy and drive direct impact.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports into the Head of Marketing Analytics.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Support all acquisition efforts across the Marketing org, inclusive of brand building and direct response
- Partner across functions and lead team to report on performance, generate actionable insights, and design analytical approach for new challenges
- Democratize data access and develop visualizations that empower business users to better understand and act on data and key metrics
- Define and action learning agenda and testing roadmaps that maximizes Marketing impact against both brand and revenue goals across a masterbrand and multiple associated products
- Lead the evolution and next-generation of performance tracking and measurement framework across all marketing channels
- Partner with Data Science and Data Engineering to build infrastructure that supports analytical rigor and to develop models and tools that drive business impact
- Serve as internal subject expert on industry best practices and emerging technology& trends such as analytical tools and marketing measurement
- Lead a team of analysts through their day-to-day responsibilities and ensure their career growth
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics function with an advertising agency, ad tech company or supporting a Marketing team
- Demonstrated success driving business strategy by empowering decision makers with data, developing frameworks, surfacing insights, and driving learning agendas; key projects may include supporting marketing planning, measuring and impacting brand health, or providing data-driven recommendations for full-funnel customer marketing
- Advance knowledge of SQL and experience working with databases (dimensional and relational); Python knowledge a plus
- Deep understanding of data visualization best practices, including direct experience with BI tools (e.g. Chart.io, Tableau, Looker)
- Knowledge of marketing tech stack and digital data technologies (DMPs, GA, pixel tracking, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions
- Strong project and process management skills with proven ability to deliver against expected milestones
- Experience managing and developing talent
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top