Team Lead, Internal Content
- Flexible / Remote
Squarespace Customer Operations is looking for a Team Lead to manage a small team of technical writers and oversee knowledge management, documentation, and communications for the department. At the forefront of every product, policy, and workflow change, the Internal Content team ensures Advisors and Associates are equipped with organized and trusted information they need to provide award-winning, 24/7 customer support. In this role, you'll own the development, governance, and continual expansion of our resources.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader and technical content strategist who is passionate about managing writers and collaborating cross-functionally within a fast-paced technical support organization. You should be comfortable with getting hands-on in content and subject matter while working reactively and proactively on concurrent, loosely defined, and open-ended problems.
This role reports to the Customer Operations Content Manager and can be based in our Portland or New York office or remote [USA, West Coast hours].
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Lead a small team of technical writers responsible for internal documentation, newsletters/announcements, and macros (canned responses) for customer support
- Manage the team's workload and high volume of incoming requests; lead weekly sprint ceremonies
- Coach writers through regular 1:1s and editorial reviews of their work
- Oversee and participate in all phases of content development, including writing, editing, auditing, and improving documentation directly as needed
- Collaborate with Quality, Training, Product Operations, and Support Team Leads to identify and close gaps in resources
- Seek innovative solutions to ensure our documentation scales with our growth, and lead the team to implement them
- Play a lead role in developing the team's style guide and documentation templates
- Be a thought partner in developing a best-in-class Advisor and customer experience
- Evangelize and expand technical writing, knowledge-centered support, and related principles across the department
- Collaborate with Customer Education leadership to create and maintain a holistic content ecosystem
- 5+ years experience in internal documentation, technical writing, knowledge management, or a related position in a technology company
- 2+ years' experience managing or coaching writers, content developers, or other individual contributors, either as a direct manager, project lead, editor, or senior team member
- Experience owning content strategy for large sets of documentation
- Strong project/process management and prioritization skills, with experience overseeing agile project sprints
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders in multiple geographies and teams
- Experience working in Zendesk and Atlassian tools
- Experience in frontline customer support in a tech environment
- To be eligible for this role, you will need to live in one of the following states Squarespace is currently operating within: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, or Wisconsin.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about .
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top