Team Lead - Data Engineering
As a Data Engineering Lead, you’ll provide mentorship and guidance to engineers while building complex data solutions for multiple teams. You’ll sit with a cross-functional group of software engineers, data scientists, and analysts working closely with your team to turn complex sources into insights. The data sets, pipelines, and tools that you build will be involved in pivotal, company-level decisions for years to come. Not only that, but you’ll be working on a team where constant learning and knowledge-sharing is a core part of our culture.
- Our platform is ever evolving, but currently is a combination of Python, Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, and Mongo
- Oversee, build, and maintain data processing services
- Write, test, and review primarily microbatch or streaming ETL
- Continuous improvement of our system, tests, and data quality indicators
- Influence architectural choices - from a single script to complex, analytical systems and tooling
- Be a thought-leader in data technologies and how data is used company-wide
- Partner effectively with product, analytics, and other areas of the business
- Leverage other teams and company resources to execute and deliver on-time
- Participate in interviewing and hiring a diverse range of engineers
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, and distributed systems
- Expert in RDBMS and related tools
- A desire to work directly with your end-user, refine requirements, define problems, and anticipate other uses of data.
- Fluencies in data modeling, storage, security, and retrieval
- You enjoy developing engineers and helping them grow their responsibilities
- Help your reports see the larger data story and the impact of that data to drive business decisions
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top