The Tax Analyst will be a trusted member of the Finance team, who will assist with tax related projects through established subject matter expertise. This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to direct and indirect tax planning, direct and indirect tax compliance, and income tax accounting.
This position reports to the Global Tax Lead and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the quarterly US and international income tax provision, including analyzing and documenting valuation allowances and uncertain tax positions
- Assist outside firms in the preparation of various federal, state, and international income tax returns
- Prepare monthly/quarterly indirect tax returns for the Company’s US and international operations
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of US federal/state and international tax compliance, including research and documentation of tax nexus
- Maintain the Company’s transfer pricing policies
- Document and implement various tax reporting policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of income tax forecasts based on the latest Company budget and/or projections
- Collect and maintain relevant data for tax planning purposes
- Other tax related ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business is required; CPA is preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in federal and/or state income tax compliance or planning
- Ability to research and interpret various tax laws and regulations, including federal, state, and international law
- Proficient with various tax compliance software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze and document complex tax issues
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate across the organization
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top