Support Systems Administrator
- Portland, OR
Squarespace is looking for a System Administrator to configure and improve the tools, applications and processes used to empower our customers every day. You will implement sustainable, scalable solutions for problems that impact our internal users, our customers, and the business. You will also help build and adapt internal tools to promote automation and efficiency within the team.
You will report to the Manager of Program Management& System Operations [within Customer Operations] and can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices, or remotely [in the US].
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Support Customer Operations tools (e.g. Zendesk, Lambdatest, other int/ext tools) through:
- Evaluation and implementation of new tools, features, and apps
- Work with the SysOps team to oversee the maintenance of our tools, including system configuration and user provisioning
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs that impact internal users and external customers
- Build automations or efficiencies in tooling processes
- Enhance customer-facing support interfaces, such as the Help Center, contact channels, and email/live chat/messaging systems
- Manage resolving issues and assigning Service Desk requests
- Communicate status updates through Jira, ensuring all partners have necessary information
- Work with other departments to ensure functionality of cross dependent tools
- Partner with vendors to resolve issues that cannot be resolved internally
- Manage end to end technical projects
- To be eligible for this role, you will need to live in one of the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, or the Republic of Ireland
- 2+ years Administrator experience of a customer contact system (Support, Chat, Talk, Guide) or demonstrable skills as a coder [i.e. completion of a coding bootcamp, coding program (online or in person), professional coding experience, or self-taught coder]
- Experience managing end-to-end projects, escalating where needed and being solutions focused
- Working knowledge of software development best practices, including shared repository management using Git or an equivalent version-control tool
- Ability to understand and gauge impact for complex dependencies across multiple apps and workflows across an organization
Bonus Experience (Preferred but not required so shout out about it in your application if you have experience with any of the following)
- Experience troubleshooting online software (SaaS)
- Experience in a technical field with sprint project and task management, methodologies and frameworks, and creating technical documentation
- Experience with RESTful API
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top