Do you enjoy tackling big, integrative questions in creative ways? Do you love turning data into action? Are you an independent, self-motivated, analytical thinker? If so, we want you to join our team to help us apply rigorous analysis to Squarespace’s biggest opportunities. We are currently seeking multiple Data Scientists who demonstrate sharp intellectual curiosity, a collaborative work ethic, and expertise in one or more of the following analytical areas: Marketing, Product, and Customer Care. These roles report to the Team Lead in New York.
Depending on your area of focus, questions you may tackle in a typical day include:
- What is the optimal Customer Care scheduling strategy for delivering the best customer experience?
- What kind of marketing attribution framework makes the most sense, and how do we statistically derive the proper weights for each touchpoint?
- How do we forecast adoption of new products by existing customers?
- Structure complex problems, find the key drivers, and deliver actionable recommendations
- Build the models, dashboards, and tools that drive change across the company
- Establish meaningful relationships across teams and provide them with the analytical frameworks needed to guide their decisions
- Explore data, communicate findings, and develop ways to help people throughout the company use the data they need
- Relentlessly seek better ways to solve problems and improve existing processes
- Help define what success looks like and how to track it
- Significant experience in sophisticated analytics (e.g. marketing attribution frameworks, event-based analytics, etc.)
- Impressive skill with a major programming language (Python, C++, Java) and/or analytics tool (Pandas, R, SQL, Excel), preferably both
- Commitment to becoming an expert in one or more of the above areas of focus
- Statistical competence a plus (e.g. A/B testing, regression modeling, etc.)
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
**Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. In the cover letter, be sure to include a link to a favorite data visualization and an explanation of why you love it.**
Back to top