Data Scientists create products, models, and analyses to support decision making across the company. You'll work closely with engineers to develop the data systems that make Squarespace run. The Data Science team uses a modern technology stack: Python 3, Postgres, Spark, Scikit-learn, and an evolving list of new tools.
Depending on your area of focus, questions you may tackle in a typical day include:
- How do ads on Spotify, TV, and online news sites interact to connect with our audience?
- How can we forecast awareness of Squarespace through word of mouth in different cities?
- What statistical methodology and tools should we build to conduct A/B tests?
- How do we predict customer lifetime value?
We are seeking multiple Data Scientists who demonstrate sharp intellectual curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic. These roles report to an Analytics team lead in New York.
- Build predictive models to empower strategic decisions, e.g. subscriber forecast, retention, lifetime value, marketing attribution
- Actively seek better ways to solve business problems using data
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to design the systems and infrastructure to power our data needs
- Partner with analysts to empower them with tools and analytic methodologies
- On-the-job experience with a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Fluency in SQL
- Knowledge of statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Ability to communicate analysis methodologies and results to different audiences
- Experience with large scale data processing tools (Apache Spark or Hadoop) or implementing systems in production at scale a strong plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top