Staff Technical Program Manager - Commerce (New York, New York; Remote
At Squarespace, we help millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. They do this by using our growing suite of software products (websites, commerce, marketing tools, and more). Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping products easier and more predictable.
We are looking for a Staff TPM with 7+ years of technical program management experience to join our Commerce product teams. FinTech experience is a plus!
You'll manage the entire product development lifecycle, from inception through delivery. The products and features you ship, in partnership with Product Management, Engineering, and Design, will help build the best platform for our customers to start a stand out ecommerce brand and grow it.
This role reports to the TPM Manager for the Product organization.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
TPMs oversee the product development lifecycle end-to-end, including:
- Creating clear and helpful plans for development throughout delivery (scope, milestones, tasks, roles and responsibilities, etc.)
- Breaking down silos and bridging communication gaps across teams (Product, Engineering, Design, etc.)
- Driving discovery momentum from ideation to defined scope and requirements
- Mapping and managing dependencies
- Managing risks and removing impediments
- Defining clear escalation paths
- Proactively working and communicating with core members of the team to minimize escalation
- Tracking project status and providing updates
- Tracking design and technical debt tasks; escalating if this work conflicts with product delivery
- Coaching teams on development processes and tools (temporarily facilitating, if needed)
- Helping leadership define and refine success criteria
- Advocating for sponsorship and proper staffing
You will join a growing, talented team of TPMs who:
- Understand the customer and business problems they're trying to solve
- Make it easier for teams to create solutions to these problems
- Manage risks and remove (or escalate) impediments to their success
- Enlist support from peers, leadership, and other disciplines judiciously
- Acquire relevant functional, domain, and technical knowledge to perform their roles
- Receive feedback graciously and turn it into concrete improvements
- Pivot to support the needs of Squarespace
- Be an ambassador for the TPM team
- Guide their career development at Squarespace and beyond
- Foster an equitable and inclusive culture
In your first three months, you will:
- Build relationships with other TPMs and your Product Management, Engineering, and Design partners through 1:1s and meetings
- Learn about the customer and business problems you'll help solve and the products and technologies you'll be working with
- Understand the delivery challenges facing your teams and partners today, so you can begin to improve them
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace work collaboratively, are candid yet kind, and leave their egos at the door. We treat processes and tools not as ends, but as means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
TPMs at Squarespace also have the option to contribute to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to them, for example, joining or leading Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending (currently virtual) team events, and joining game nights.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles, and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.