The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Staff Accountant to join our growing team. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing efficiency through the use of technology, shortening the accounting close cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
We expect the Staff Accountant to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong accounting foundation with the desire to learn and develop their skills. This role reports into the Senior Accountant in our NYC headquarters.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to ensure an accurate and timely close of the books for internal review as well as the Company’s monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Focus on the estimation of accrued expenses for all aspects of the Company’s expenses
- Process journal entries on a day-to-day basis with a focus on accrued expenses, accounts payable and prepaid expenses
- Analyze and prepare the Company’s corporate credit card transactions, as well as internal expense reimbursements for posting to the general ledger
- Assist with bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Process inter-company transactions with the Company’s subsidiary in Ireland
- Review expense reports in the Company’s system to ensure completeness and appropriate classification
- Assist in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company
- Assist in the accumulation of support for the Company’s annual audit and quarterly reviews
- 3-5 years of experience in general accounting functions, including accounts payable, fixed assets, bank reconciliations, prepaid assets, accrued expenses and the monthly close process
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger and/or Coupa PO system a huge plus
- Proven ability to communicate well within a team environment, as well as with other departments across the organization
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top