Software/Systems Engineer - Site Reliability
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people to take control of their online presence like never before. The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for passionate software engineers and systems engineers who possess backgrounds in systems, programming and networking to help scale, build and support the engine powering our highly interactive web applications.
Our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is in charge of ensuring that customers around the world are able to access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features are working properly. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of existing and new features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to scale our current data centers and build out new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging “big data” issues, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and constantly protect our product, infrastructure and networks.
- Write services and infrastructure-as-code that automates the deployment, provisioning, scaling, and monitoring of Squarespace’s infrastructure
- In collaboration with other engineering teams, help build the deployment and monitoring framework of our services as we scale to hundreds of microservices
- Build a distributed platform that builds, runs, and dynamically scales our services in containers
- Make our services redundant and fast around the globe
- Take part in our globally distributed on-call rotation
- Real world experience building and supporting large-scale frontend and/or backend systems in C, C++, or Java (strong Java coding and debugging skills a huge plus)
- Experience managing web services in large-scale *nix environments with one of Python, Bash, Perl, or Ruby
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- Interest or experience with infrastructure automation, configuration management, monitoring & alerting tools, performance and networking
- Experience with Docker and Mesos/Swarm/Kubernetes is a big plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top