Software Engineer - Product Backend
- New York, NY
Squarespace is looking for p assionate backend engineers to build the services powering our h ighly interactive web and mobile applications.
We firmly believe that design is not merely "how it looks" but "how it works." With this in mind, our backend engineers work on Product Engineering teams, which are dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated products possible. If you are a se rver side e ngineer who enjoys taking ownership of product in itiatives a nd carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you! Yo u will report to the P roduct Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace platform, building backend services with Java
- Collab orate with other engineers and designers to provide strong custo mer-focused experiences.
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Squarespace users and businesses powered by Squarespace.
- Practice discipli ned softwar e engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code).
- Actively contribu te to team and company standards.
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language. Strong OO s kills preferred.
- A strong under standi ng of, and practical ex perience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable cod e.
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience.
- 2-5 years of exp erience preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with c reative ide as succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engi neering, we e mpower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their storie s with the world. S quarespace's team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance wit h 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & p aid time off
- Up t o 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) pl an with employe r match
- Free lunch and snacks
- S qu arespace sends engine ers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful con ferences thr oughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today , more than a million p eople around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our emp loyees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top