Software Engineer, People Operations
The Squarespace People team is seeking a resourceful and inquisitive Engineer to help bring our biggest ideas to life. You understand the need to develop and maintain tools that facilitate People initiatives and empower a vibrant company culture. You have ideas about how to automate and simplify our employees’ experience, and you’re eager to build tools that enable people to do their best work. Ideal candidates will have strong technical skills, familiarity with multiple coding languages, and will be excited to work on projects of all types and sizes. With your ear to the ground and a keen awareness of industry advancements, you will always be looking for ideas to support our growing team and improve our internal culture through enhanced technologies. This role reports to the People Tech Manager in New York.
- Develop a deep understanding of the systems we use and the needs of employees around the organization, working with the People team to improve the overall experience of working at Squarespace
- Drive various initiatives to scale People Tech offerings, and make each initiative easier to adopt across the organization
- Engage with potential partners around the company to understand their needs and demonstrate the value proposition of a given solution you might build
- Collaborate with various Engineering teams, such as Internal Tools, Data Engineering, Security, and Corp IT
- Maintain and update existing and future People-owned tools as needed, from text changes to photo updates, to total overhauls
- Troubleshoot technical issues in real time
- Write documentation and develop best practices to help the team get the most out of using the tools you build
- Mastery of a backend programming language with preference towards Python
- Strong desire to help people and a knack for creative problem-solving
- Ability to understand and translate user needs into a fluid technical solution
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.), ideally with the ability develop custom plugins
- Experience developing custom Slack bots a plus
- Experience designing and building multi-tiered applications and RESTful services
- Experience configuring and maintaining third party tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Greenhouse)
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top