Software Engineer Intern - Internal Products
As an intern working on internal projects you have direct access to the users of your solutions. Our internal products improve the efficiency and amplify the effectiveness of other teams through services and applications. Examples of internal projects include helping accounting understand and accurately report on company growth, helping marketing predict where they can be most effective, and building out a reliable event stream from squarespace.com.
- Work closely with other engineers, building bespoke high quality solutions for an internal customer
- Participate as a member of a team of engineers via code reviews and technical discussions
- Communicate with stakeholders and designers to lead development of a solution
- Learn new languages, data stores, and other technologies as needed
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Anticipated to graduate in the spring of 2020 or December 2019
- A foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with a dynamic language (Python prefered) and datastores such as Postgres, Mongo, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Curiosity about how a technology company builds software for itself
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 750 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top