Software Engineer - Infrastructure Engineering
The Infrastructure Engineering teams are looking for passionate software engineers with experience in server-side programming to help build, scale, and support the underlying systems, services and APIs powering the features on our highly interactive web applications.
The Infrastructure Engineering teams are responsible for evolving Squarespace's massive engine that serves millions of users worldwide. We build the reverse proxies and caching layers that process 1.5+ billion requests every day, integrate with CDNs, handle TLS termination and understand HTTP/2. We develop the software that interacts with our storage, database and search infrastructure across all of our data centers, ingesting close to 2 TBs of data per day. Our internal products include an asynchronous jobs framework and a robust microservices framework, both used by 150+ software engineers in the wider organization. We create services that can be reused by product teams, including localization, certificate management, screenshotting, authentication, notification and billing services, and the image service that processes 2 million images per day.
- Write high-quality server-side code, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, reliability and performance of our software platforms and systems infrastructure at the core of Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering through beautiful, pragmatic code, code reviews and automated testing
- Work closely with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas and understand the system, and mentor junior team members
- Strong object-oriented programming experience in Java (or any other OO language)
- Deep experience building large-scale software and distributed systems
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Strong understanding of database design, caching and scalability, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP (network programming is a plus)
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top