Software Engineer - Core Services
The Core Services team is looking for passionate software engineers to help build, scale, and support the services powering the features on our highly interactive web applications.
Our Core Services team is in charge of building and maintaining our internal microservices framework and all the tooling around it. In addition, the team builds many of the core microservices used by product teams to build features for our customers, including: image processing, subscriptions and billing, taxation, screenshotting, push notifications, and the SSL certificates stack. This role reports to the Team Lead in New York.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build and maintain platforms and systems infrastructure at the core of Squarespace.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
- Deep experience in distributed systems, performance analysis, network systems, large scale storage systems, and web infrastructure, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Extensive programming experience in Java (strong OO skills preferred).
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Strong understanding of database design, caching and scalability, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming are a plus.
- Java 8
- Spring Boot / Dropwizard
- MongoDB / PostgreSQL
- RabbitMQ / Kafka
- ZooKeeper / Consul
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top