Software Engineer - Android
Squarespace is seeking a Software Engineer - Android to join our small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Android applications and the long-term vision of Squarespace on mobile devices. This role reports to our Engineering Manager in New York City.
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Prototype new app and feature ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of mobile technology
- Collaborate across disciplines with team members representing product, design, web development, and server side engineering
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- 3-5 years of experience in Android development, additional industry experience a plus
- Expertise in Git, Java, Android SDK, and API design
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, network programming, and concurrency
- Experience with RxJava or other reactive programming styles and MVVM a plus
- Have published one or more applications in the Google Play Store or other marketplaces
- Experience mentoring other engineers, and the desire to lead
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top