Software Engineer - Android
Squarespace is seeking a Software Engineer - Android to join our small, unified mobile engineering team. Our mobile team collaborates very closely across the platforms and is responsible for delivering a terrific experience for Squarespace users when they’re away from the desktop. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of our Android applications and the long-term vision of Squarespace on mobile devices. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Drive development of multiple mobile apps used by tens of thousands of our customers
- Prototype new app and feature ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of mobile technology
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- Test all applications against software and hardware versions. Provide timely turnaround and documentation of bug fixes during test cycle
- Code backend applications and features
- Work closely with our engineering team, particularly server-side
- Work across disciplines with team members representing product, design, web development, and product marketing
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- At least 3+ years of experience creating native android applications
- Expertise in Git, Java and the Android SDK
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading
- Have published one or more applications in an Android marketplace
- Well-versed in client/server architectures
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Passionate about end-to-end user experience design
- Competent in Android SDK design patterns and API design
- Experience mentoring other engineers, and the desire to lead
- Not just an app hacker, you have a strong background in CS
- Ability to work full time in New York City
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top