Software Engineer - Analytics
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people to take control of their online presence like never before. The Analytics team is looking for passionate software engineers who love challenging problems with many moving parts to help us develop systems to make sense of our ever-growing streams of user-generated data.
Our Analytics team is in charge of building the systems powering all customer-facing analytics and innovating on the next generation of data analysis using tools such as Java 8, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka and MongoDB.
- Write server-side code for our analytics platform, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Maintain and improve upon existing platforms and systems infrastructure at the core of Squarespace Analytics.
- Contribute to design discussions and innovate novel ways to push the boundaries of data efficiency and throughput.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, large-scale data analysis.
- Experience with distributed, high-performance, large-scale data processing and storage systems, web infrastructure, and knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Extensive programming experience in Java (strong OO skills preferred).
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Strong understanding of database design and/or knowledge of stream processing are a plus.
Tools & Technologies
- Java 8
Back to top