Software Engineer - Analytics
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people to take control of their online presence like never before. The Analytics team is looking for passionate software engineers who love challenging problems with many moving parts to help us develop systems to make sense of our ever-growing streams of user-generated data. This role reports to the Team Lead in New York.
Our Analytics team is in charge of building the systems powering all customer-facing analytics and innovating on the next generation of data analysis using tools such as Java 8, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka and MongoDB.
- Write server-side code for our analytics platform, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Maintain and improve upon existing platforms and systems infrastructure at the core of Squarespace Analytics.
- Contribute to design discussions and innovate novel ways to push the boundaries of data efficiency and throughput.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, large-scale data analysis.
- Experience with distributed, high-performance, large-scale data processing and storage systems, web infrastructure, and knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Extensive programming experience in Java (strong OO skills preferred).
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Strong understanding of database design and/or knowledge of stream processing are a plus.
- Java 8
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top