Software Engineer - Application Infrastructure
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people to take control of their online presence like never before. The Application Infrastructure team is looking for passionate software engineers to help us build the underlying libraries, systems, services, and APIs that power Squarespace.
Our Application Infrastructure team is in charge of designing and implementing software components and build abstractions for our storage layers, database layers, CDN integration points, queueing mechanisms, search infrastructure, and asynchronous and scheduled job frameworks. This role reports to the Team Lead in New York.
- Write high-quality code powering the engine behind Squarespace websites
- Guide complicated backend features from inception to delivery and maintenance
- Build "the right solution" rather than "the easiest solution"
- Work closely with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas and understand the system
- Are happy to learn the low-level details of how things work
- Want to build code that you are proud to show others
- Won't be satisfied until you've tied up loose ends
- Like discussing alternatives in a respectful environment
- A degree in computer science or enough experience that no one knows the difference
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in one or more languages
- Experience in two or more of the following:
- Java development
- Backend web development
- Web service development
- Distributed systems
- Asynchronous task processing
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top