Software Engineer - Application Infrastructure
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people to take control of their online presence like never before. The Application Infrastructure team is looking for passionate software engineers to help us build the underlying libraries, systems, services, and APIs that power Squarespace.
Our Application Infrastructure team is in charge of designing and implementing software components and build abstractions for our storage layers, database layers, CDN integration points, queueing mechanisms, search infrastructure, and asynchronous and scheduled job frameworks.
Your job will be to:
- Write high-quality code powering the engine behind Squarespace websites
- Guide complicated backend features from inception to delivery and maintenance
- Build "the right solution" rather than "the easiest solution"
- Work closely with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas and understand the system
You'll fit in great if you:
- Are happy to learn the low-level details of how things work
- Want to build code that you are proud to show others
- Won't be satisfied until you've tied up loose ends
- Like discussing alternatives in a respectful environment
We're interested in people with:
- A degree in computer science or enough experience that no one knows the difference
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in one or more languages
- Experience in two or more of the following:
- Java development
- Backend web development
- Web service development
- Distributed systems
- Asynchronous task processing
Back to top