Squarespace is a design-centric company dedicated to empowering people to succeed with their creative ideas. We're looking for a thoughtful UX Content Strategist to take ownership of UX content across all of our Commerce teams. You feel at home within a design team, you're a strong writer and communicator, and you have a demonstrable understanding of information architecture, taxonomy, and conceptual hierarchy.
You'll be involved throughout the process alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, and more. You'll help develop, communicate, and implement our UX Content Standards. This is the perfect role for someone passionate about UX design and experienced in crafting content.
You will report to the UX Content Strategy Manager at our New York office.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.
- Write and maintain UX copy across all Squarespace products
- Work with product designers and other team members on wireframes and iterative click-through prototypes
- Create UX copy strings to other team members
- Propose information architecture solutions that improve way-finding and discoverability
- Build rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical, brand, and marketing writers to connect in-app messaging with our overall voice
- Understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you'll work on
- Advocate for content in product design beyond the written word
- Ask probing questions to and give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- 4+ years of experience writing UX copy
- Deep awareness of UX and how content and design work together
- Passionate about consistency and details
- Thorough, demonstrated understanding of information architecture and how to structure content within navigations, user flows, and pages
- Ask probing questions to give and receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design or experience could be better
- Comfort in pointing out when a design concept could be better and strategizing solutions
- Experience preparing source language for localization
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Figma, or similar
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, and solving user problems through content.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.