Senior Software Engineer - Internal Products (Java)
Internal Products creates and maintains rich, modern applications, services and integrations that power the Customer Support operations of Squarespace. Our success is measured by Customer Operation’s ability to deliver fast, accurate, and reliable service to our customers. We work closely with teams across the company to define and solve complex problems.
Join our exploratory, iterative, and customer-driven team. Contribute by helping shape our tech stack, and improve our processes, and practices. Broaden yourself and others by mentoring developers and breaking challenging problems into executable solutions.
- Work closely with other engineers, building bespoke high quality solutions for Customer Operations
- Communicate with stakeholders and designers to lead development of a solution
- Learn new languages, data stores, and other technologies as needed
- Mentor and learn from other engineers via code and architecture reviews, technical discussions and pair coding
- Influence our tech stack and architecture
- Strong Object Oriented development skills and strong proficiency in Java
- Solid foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures and software design practices
- Strong experience building and managing reliable, usable, and performant web applications
- Strong experience using different types of datastores such as Postgres, Mongo, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- An understanding of best practices across software lifecycle, from development to deployment and testing
- Experience and interest in mentorship via code reviews and technical discussions
- Experience working effectively and directly with stakeholders, product owners and users
- Experience and interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative team
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Private health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- Pension scheme with Employer Match
- Free lunch and snacks
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top