The Databases Team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic software engineer to help us build the future of data systems at Squarespace. We are on a mission to make our systems as reliable, hands-off, and user-friendly as possible. This is an important and exciting time for the team, and it's an opportunity to make a big impact in a successful company.
You will help us reimagine how we manage stateful systems as we scale our presence in the cloud, and you will play a major role in the execution of that vision. You will collaborate to identify our best opportunities, scope them down to impactful projects, and then deliver. You will write software, infrastructure as code, and documentation. You will be curious about our customers and how we can help them meet their goals. You will report to an Engineering Manager on the team.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.
You'll Get To...
- Build automation and instrumentation around our data systems
- Collaborate with the rest of Infrastructure and our internal customers to achieve mutual wins
- Help set our priorities, scope projects, and keep the team focused
- Break down and clarify work for more junior engineers
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Help research, test, and harden migration paths from on-prem systems to the cloud
- Help keep those on-prem systems healthy while we walk those paths
- Improve metrics, monitoring, and docs to help make it easy for engineers to use data systems wisely
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our platform
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years experience in software engineering or managing data systems
- Operational experience with Postgres, MongoDB, Kafka, or similar systems
- Programming experience in Go
- Experience leading projects from problem statement through delivery
- Experience with database design, caching, and scalability concerns
- Experience managing resources in a major cloud provider (we use GCP)
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch and snacks
- Walk distance from food trucks, green spaces, and an array of cultural offerings
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.