Senior Software Engineer - Data Platforms
Do you enjoy the challenge of integration? Do you like building systems for other engineers? Do you love developing reliable, high volume, streaming data solutions?
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Data Platforms team you’ll be building and maintaining the foundation of our analytics systems. You will be working with several engineering teams to build services that collect data for later analysis. Most services are built using Python hosted on our Kubernetes cluster and populate an HDFS data lake.
- Build and maintain data processing services
- Write, test and review primarily backend code
- Work with engineering teams to gather requirements and improvements
- Influence our technical decisions
- Keep yourself informed and up-to-date with technologies
- Encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- You've built reliable and maintainable services
- You love solving people’s problems using engineering solutions
- You're motivated and driven. You can take responsibility for a project and ask for help when needed
- You enjoy dynamic programming languages
- You have a deep understanding of your products and tools
- You understand a variety of techniques for integrating systems
- You enjoy learning new things
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top