Senior Product Designer, Enterprise
- New York, NY
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers, along with partner disciplines. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Enterprise team, which sits within the Platform group in the product organization. The Platform group is responsible for the user's journey with Squarespace by providing a consistent and holistic experience across products.
The Enterprise team is responsible for evolving our core Squarespace offering of design excellence and expressibility for the needs and challenges faced by larger organizations, which is an upmarket, underserved customer segment. (historically we've been exclusively focused on individuals and small/medium-sized businesses). This is an opportunity to build the next massive business line at Squarespace through differentiation and reaching new customer segments. There is a lot of greenfield space for discovering opportunities to pursue with your team, so this role requires an experiment driven mindset and systems approach to solving problems.
You'll report to the Product Design Director, Platform.
This opportunity is exciting for (more than) a few reasons:
- Build an entirely new line of revenue as the company evolves into a robust multi-product company. The team is aligned with our corporate objectives and has buy-in from leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Build for a new customer segment, which requires a different approach from consumers in terms of both discovery and delivery. We have acquired customers and started development on the initial table stakes features, while partnering with our early adopters for feedback.
- The ability to co-create the process, rituals, etc with your newly formed team, along with the opportunity to grow / scale the team next year and beyond.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve and evolve our existing design solutions as needed for enterprises to successfully scale on Squarespace
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about our customer's journey and product ecosystem
- Contribute to goal setting, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working closely with Product Management and Engineering partners
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Research and Content Strategy on evolving solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams from concept and discovery through delivery and beyond
- Collaborate with up-stream and down-stream product teams to ensure a consistent user journey
- Be data-driven and have an interest in measuring and improving the experience
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in companies building technology for enterprise customers
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, animation and a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design and prototyping
- Pair a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users with a proven ability to turn insights into compelling product solutions
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
- Proficiency in prototyping tools like Principle
- Added bonus if you are excited about the challenges faced by larger organizations, and integrating that perspective as a new customer segment.
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top